Coachview makes planning a course a lot quicker and more pleasant, because you can now schedule two or more parts of a course automatically. In the type of training you define the planning pattern. This planning pattern is automatically taken into account when creating the programme. Adaptation is always possible. During the scheduling process, automatic checks are made for conflicts, for example in the event of a double-booking of a lecturer and/or location, public holidays (general unavailability) and the unavailability of a lecturer and/or location.
Where do I do this?
Automatic scheduling via timetabling is done in the 'Components' tab of a course.
This is how you do it in the next steps:
Step 1: Open the course and click on the tab 'Components'.
Step 2: Click on the 'Plan' button to open the planning screen.
If the schedule is set, you can see it on the 'green i'tje'.
Step 3: Select all or at least two parts. Coachview rosters from the first selected part.
Step 4: Click on the button 'Schedule', you now have 3 options.
- If you don't want to schedule , click on the 'Cancel' button.
- If you have changed the planning pattern but you still don't want to start scheduling click on the button 'Save and return'.
If you want to start scheduling , perhaps with an adjustment in the planning pattern, click on the button 'Save and roster'. But don't forget to choose a start date!
It is possible that Coachview found a conflict on the first selected item.
Step 5: If you want to continue scheduling, click on 'Make changes anyway'.
Coachview will create a logbook for you in which you will find information about the scheduling of the programme. Messages are displayed in a colour.
- Green: Okay, the date is set and planned without conflict.
- Orange: warning, the date has been set and planned but conflicts have been identified that Coachview has been able to resolve.
- Red: Error, the item is not scheduled due to conflicts that Coachview has not been able to resolve. The planning is stopped!
Using the button 'Copy to clipboard' you can copy the information to for example a notepad or MS-Word.
You want to know more: