The scheduling starts with the course definition. Here you determine if and how to schedule and how Coachview should deal with conflicts such as double-booking of a teacher and/or location, holidays (general unavailability) and unavailability of a teacher and/or location.
Where do I do it?
You can set up the timetabling in the 'Parts' tab of a course definition.
That's how you do it in the next steps:
Step 1: Open a type of training.
Step 2: Click on the 'Parts' tab.
Step 3: Click on the 'Schedule' button and the next screen will open.
Step 4: Determine the planning type (1).
- No scheduling: scheduling is not applicable and you determine the planning yourself. By default, this option is set for a new programme type.
- Number of days after the previous part: indicate that the next day of class (part) always follows x days after the previous day of class.
- Fixed period: determine the return pattern, determine that the course days (parts) must be repeated daily, weekly or monthly.
Step 5: Determine the days on which a lesson can be planned by ticking the days (2). In the example, there is no lesson on Sunday.
Step 6: how should Coachview deal with conflicts (3).
Use the first available day: Coachview has detected a problem with the planning and checks if the next day can be planned. If this is not available, the next day will be checked. If this is not the case, the next day will be checked, until the lesson can be scheduled on a suitable day.
Apply the set period again: depending on the set planning type, Coachview will apply the set period again in case of a conflict, until the lesson can be scheduled on a suitable day.
If a conflict is detected, Coachview will still schedule the lesson on this day.
Stop and save the date until the conflict: if Coachview detects a conflict on the day to be planned, the scheduling will stop and the day will not be scheduled.
Stap 7: Klik op 'Sla op en terug'.
Choice 'Number of days after previous part':
If you have chosen this option, you will need to fill in the number of days after the previous part for each part.
Step 1: Open the first part.
Step 2: Click on 'Edit'.
Step 3: Enter the number of days after the previous section. This can be '0'.
Step 4: Click on 'Save' and use the arrow (top right corner of the screen) to move on to the next item.
Days after the previous section can be set as a column.
- By default, Coachview will try 4 times to resolve a conflict. If you want to increase or decrease this number, please contact our support department.
- If you have created a course before the scheduling is set in the course definition, then scheduling is not set in this course.
Want to know more?