The details of a participant or employee are recorded in a personal file in Coachview. The data of the company where this person works is recorded in a company file.. It is possible to import these data periodically into Coachview.
What are you going to do?
With this instruction we will show you how to fill the import file. The file has to be supplied in CSV or XLSX format, for example you can use MS-Excel. It is also possible to offer the file as XML. If you offered the import file we will first check if it meets all technical requirements. The import will take place first in the training environment of Coachview. After your approval, the import will take place in the live environment of Coachview.
At the bottom of the article you will find two files you can download:
- Coachview Import Bedrijven Personen.xlsx: empty file to be filled in.
- Coachview Import Bedrijven Personen Voorbeeld 2017.xlsx: sample file.
- Do not make any changes to the columns (order or add columns).
- The first line contains the column headers.
- The number of lines is limited to 10,000 records. If you have more then you have to split them into multiple files.
- One company and/or one person may be entered on each line. If both a company and a person are entered on a line, this person will be linked to the company. If no company details are entered, this person is considered a private person and is not linked to a company..
- The combination of the columns ExternId and ExternSource for both company and person, are used to uniquely identify the company and the person in Coachview.net, and are thus leading. This is important in case of a periodic import. Attention: tijdens the import, the ExternalID does not distinguish between MAIN and lowercase letters! Dus 13DeRQ is the same as 13derq and is thus recognized as one item.
- If you only want to add or correct personal data with a new import, and these persons are already linked to companies in Coachview, then you have to include the company data in the import file. If you do not do this, the link with the company in Coachview will be removed. The company files will remain active.
- The CSV file must be encoded with Unicode UTF-8.
- The fields (columns) in the CSV file must be separated by: semicolon/point comma (;).
- Did you create the CSV file using MS-Excel and use numbers starting with a 0? MS-Excel will delete the 0 of the code when you save it. This can be solved by turning this cell into a textbox. Think for example of the phone number or the externid.
- First test your imported file in your Coachview training environment. An import cannot be reversed. Once imported data cannot simply be deleted..
- Do you want to import a large file? Then do it later in the day.